Monday, January 12, 2009

A quick run down

Over the holidays we had tons of family coming and going, so as you can imagine things were chaotic. Now...I have a lot of making up to do as far a my blog is concerned. First off, over Thanksgiving my Uncle Tim and Aunt Debbie (my dad's sister) came to visit from Texas. It was a blast. They had never seen Jett or Maddox and it just so happened that Melea, Jeff, and Maddox were there too. We all went and got a Christmas tree together and it was freezing. Poor Maddox got sick with the flu and had to turn around and go home. It was fun though. Zachary bundled Jett up and went and cut one down.
This is a cool story. So before my father's mother passed away, she was making him this blanket. Unfortunately, she never got to finish it for him, but my dad's little sister, Debbie, told her that she would finish it. Well, something like 36 years later, she took lessons on how to finish the blanket and she did! She gave it to him when she was up here for Thanksgiving. It was so cool!
Maddox doing his tricks for the camera. That's Jeff holding him with one hand!
Ok this is cute...Jett got this bouncing Tiger from Great Aunt Trina and Great Uncle Jody. When you pinch his tail he bounces, but he goes faster and faster the more you push his tail. At first it didn't work because Trina and Jody wore out the batteries! Jett had no idea what to think of it. He wasn't scared of it, but definitely couldn't figure out what was going on.
Uncle Zanen got Jett a cap gun and camo clothes. Jett couldn't hold the gun very well though. He kept hitting himself in the head! It was pretty funny. We're still working on those motor skills. :)
We had an early Christmas in Dixon and this present was from Zachary and I. His first basketball hoop! At first he just loved the babies on the box, but once he figured out that it made noise whenever he pulled the hoop down it quickly became his favorite toy. Along with the cap gun, this toy too may start to require a helmet! He pulls it down on his head all the time and starts to cry.
I was changing his diaper and he found his feet! It's about time. I couldn't post the other pictures because they were too graphic, but they are hilarious. He sucks his big toe! He likes to pull his socks off and suck his toe when I'm not looking. The gross part is the toe lint! Sometimes I don't get to him fast enough and I end up finding it in his mouth! I figure he'll be ok though. I'm sure I ate a lot worse.
This was taken when Melea and Jeff were here. We didn't sleep much because we wanted to spend time with them. In this picture Zachary was exhausted from getting up to watch Jett and poor Jett was tired because Maddox wore him out.
This was Maddox's way of playing with Jett...hitting him in the head! Jett got him back though because he sucked on his head and drooled all over him.
We celebrated my nephew's birthday early. Maddox had no idea what to do so Jeff, his dad, enjoyed opening his presents. Maddox liked the wrapping paper more than the presents.
This was when we went to get out Christmas tree. That's Jett in that bundle! It was 20 degrees out!
Jett sat up for the first time right before my sister came out to visit.
This was taken at my cousin Whitney's farewell in Frenchtown. She's serving a mission in Guatemala and her younger brother is in Chile. Cute shoes Whit!
Jett's sitting on Zachary's Christmas present...a kicking bad. He loved it. He would start to crack up laughing when Zachary would kick it, so we put him on it and he started to slap it. It's crazy how fast babies learn.
Over Christmas break Melea and I took our sons swimming for the first time. Maddox didn't know what to think, but Jett thought it was a giant bathtub. I can't wait to put him in a water babies swim class.
My boys! Can you tell where Jett gets his complexion?
I can't help but laugh when I see this next picture. We took the boys to the mall to get their picture with Santa and as you can see, Maddox wasn't very happy! Jett's face is to die for. He can't figure out why Maddox is crying.
Jett and Santa. Look at his cowboy boots! Courtesy of Grandpa Terry and Grandma Crystal.
Poor little Maddox. :) He's too cute!

5 comments:

Reid, Kim, Cohen, and Graidy said...

Hey V, I love the update. I can't believe how much babies learn so quickly. Cohen will be 3 months tomorrow and its crazy to think all the stuff he just learned this past month! Anyways we are in Nampa right now! I know I got really far away from Caldwell, didn't I!!! I'm not doing much besides being mommy. I've been kind of looking for something part time but haven't really found the right job yet. Doesn't really bother me though, I love staying with Cohen! Well it will be great to keep in contact with you now! Talk to you later!!!

The Hartman Family said...

AHHhh! I LOVE the update! Jett is SO cute and I'm so glad that you had the chance to swing by Dillon on your way south. He and Cohen together were SO much FUN. Seriously, Jett is PRECIOUS! Congrats on the sweet new ride also! Can't wait to see you guys again soon:)

Reid, Kim, Cohen, and Graidy said...

V, thanks for your kind words! The lady is a whackjob to say the least. :) I hope everything is going well! Take care! And have a GREAT day!

Unknown said...

Wow - Its been an incredibly long time since we last spoke, I've just moved out to Atlanta would love to speak, my number is: 4048256605

Many many congratulations on the baby, looks adorable.

Look forward to speaking,

Cosmo

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.